1. I don’t know why sparkles make me so happy. I’m obsessed. It’s why Ke$ha and I should be best friends. My dream office would have glitter on the floor.
And the wall.
And the ceiling.
Case in point: These are my favorite flats:
My favorite headbands (from BIC):
AND, my favorite swimmy, worn as I drove the boat on Memorial Day:
And I really, really, really, REALLY want Carrie Underwood’s top from her AI performance last week. I think I texted 6 people telling them how bad I
want need it. Off the shoulder AND sparkles? It’s got mah name on it.
“Carbear, If Alyssa was here, she’d snatch that sparkly top right off yo back.”
2. I don’t know why I need chapstick. All the time. But I do. Especially after I brush my teeth. If I forget some when I go out, I need to stop at a drug store. It’s bad. Chapstickers Anonymous, anyone?
3. I still get uncomfortable when I’m around someone using a Bluetooth. I don’t know why. I still always think the dude is a few fries short of a Happy Meal and try to not stare.
…And then I see the Bluetooth, and I get weird about hearing his half of his conversation.
Sorry to the vending machine guy in the faculty lounge today if I gave you a weird look.
4. I have a Pinterest addiction. But I DO know why. It’s awesome. Go do it.. it’s like a virtual bulletin board, it’s handy for creative ideas, and it’s so, so addicting. Go sign up now, and don’t forget to add me. Jenn‘s my Pinterest BFF. Just ask her.
I don’t know why I’m having such a hard time finding a cute gym bag for a reasonable price. I want
5. I don’t know why I’ve never tried to make my own balls before.
You heard me.
Becauuuuse, after trying the “fitbite” balls Lori sent me (raw, vegan, protein-packed, gluten free, dairy free, AND refined sugar free!), I’m positive she’s a real smartypants. My favorite were the apricot nut balls. I even crushed one up and put it in a yogurt bowl. Yesss.
Thank you again, Lori!
6. I don’t know why I haven’t opened up my latenight bakery/ice cream shop yet. Think about it. How many times did you want froyo in a BAD way around 11:30 p.m.? Nobody’s ever open past 10… those jerks.
I think I’ve found a gap in the business. And I’ll be more than happy to fill it. Who’s gonna be my sponsor? 😀 I promise to have the most toppings of any place you’ve ever seen before.
7. I have no idea why I still let my dad pull me on a tube behind his boat after what happened to me as a child.
You see… I may have gotten my braces ripped out of my mouth as a 12-year-old. Here I am, happily smiling and laughing as I get whipped around Lake Ariel (we used to own a house in the Pocono mountains in Pennsylvania), and the tube strap flipped up, hitched onto my braces, and ripped the wire and about 87% of the brackets out of the top of my mouth.
My dad spent a good half hour trying to cut the rest of the wire out with his wire-cutters. That felt awesome.
I practice smiling with my mouth shut for my 7th grade picture. That looked awesome.
But, here I am, on Memorial Day, at 23 years old, allowing good ol’ Daddy-o pull me on the tube.